Ranch House™ Reclaimed Oak Flooring (Skip-Planed Face) – Product Details Page
Our Ranch House™ Oak, a.k.a. skip-planed, a.k.a. hit-or-miss in “industry” terms, is a very rustic reclaimed oak flooring with plank faces that have varying amounts of original circular saw marks and smooth-planed areas. This is a very popular floor and is available in both solid and engineered (ERA™) and is suitable for use in:
- Retail Stores, Hotels, Restaurants, etc
Ranch House™ Reclaimed Oak Flooring (Skip-Planed Face) – Overview
A blend of reclaimed oaks (predominantly red oak and white oak) native to our region, our Ranch House™ Oak flooring is made from hand-selected aged and weathered barn wood. Planks range in color from medium to dark brown and have much more evidence of their age and their former life than even our Antique Distressed® Oak from the retained original face with circular saw-cut marks. Ranch House™ Oak flooring is extremely durable and rustic with maximum character and patina.
Please call to discuss your project/our products, or use the Contact Form to begin the discussion. We look forward to providing you with the highest level of service!
Solid Flooring Specs
- Kiln-dried before milling
- Thickness: 3/4″ Standard, other thicknesses available / Length: 2′ to 10′
- Widths: 3″ to 10″ 3″ up to 10″ (depending on availability) / Typ sold in 4-width ranges 3″-6″, 4″-7″, etc.
- End-matching is standard / Beveling is optional (no charge)
- Unfinished, prefinished is optional. (See finishing section.)
- Installation on or above grade, naildown or gluedown are approved with some precautions and exceptions
Engineered (ERA) Specs
- Wear layers are kiln-dried and bonded to a multi-layer Baltic Birch substrate
- CARB- AND TSCA Title VI-COMPLIANT
- Standard wear layer: 4mm / Standard overall thickness: 5/8″ / Standard plank length: 2′ to 10′
- End-matching is standard / Beveling is optional, but recommended.
- Typ. sold 4″ to 6″ (no 3″), 4″ to 7″, 5″ to 8″, etc. (Some of each width in the chosen range are included.)
- Unfinished, prefinishing is optional
- Installation on or above grade, naildown or gluedown (Ask about precautions and exceptions)
- Prefinishing is available on quantities of at least 500SF
- With prefinishing, a microbevel is STANDARD, hand-beveling is optional
- UV-catalyzed aluminum oxide urethane finish- 25-year residential and 5-year light commercial wear-through warranty OR
- Woca natural oil finish – plant-based and non-polluting!
- Custom colors are available for both prefinishing options
- A Class 1/A Fire-Rated coating is an option with the urethane finish
Samples & Ordering
- We send free samples after we have quoted material and shipping costs, and lead time, that fits the customer’s project budget and timeline.
- To place an order we request a deposit that is 50% of the material costs, i.e. the total minus the shipping cost/2. The balance, including an updated shipping cost, will be due just before shipping.
- We accept payments via ACH, checks and Zelle®. Because of the fees we do not accept credit cards.